Re: vCard RDF merge....

From: Martin Hepp (UniBW) <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:19:28 +0200
To: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
CC: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Brian Suda <brian.suda@gmail.com>, www-archive@w3.org
I think the vcard2006 ontology should be out quickly and simply define
the 40 % of the contact detail elements used in 95% of the cases ;-)

Don't let's start a new research project or complex engineering task,
but let's create a single, consensual recommendation for the basic
things now

Just my 2 cents.

Renato Iannella wrote:
> Thanks for the discussion everyone....
> Firstly, the 2001 Note and 2006 Ontology were focussed on vCard 3.0....
> Since vCard 4.0 is close to final...not that many changes to
> go...should we simply say....leave the NOTE/Ontology as they are and
> lets do the RDF for vCard 4.0 ?
> Comments?
> Cheers...  Renato Iannella

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Recipe for Yahoo SearcMonkey:

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"

Overview article on Semantic Universe:

Project page:

Resources for developers:

Tutorial materials:
CEC'09 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey