Re: vCard RDF merge....

From: Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:05:33 +0200
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
CC: martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org, Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, Brian Suda <brian.suda@gmail.com>, www-archive@w3.org
Apologies for the strong language ;)

As Martin says, I don't think we are forking. It's in general our
audience that doesn't understand the difference between:

<a rel="vcard:tel" href="tel:+1-789-887-799"/>

and

I'd be already happy if they knew what the + sign meant and that 1 is
the country code for the country in which they live in ;)

The authors of the vcard spec no doubt have a different audience, I
assume the makers of email/address book/calendaring software.

Cheers,
Peter