Re: PF Response: @Summary

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:52:41 +0300
Cc: joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, W3C WAI Protocols & Formats <w3c-wai-pf@w3.org>, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "wai-liaison@w3.org" <wai-liaison@w3.org>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, HTML WG Public List <public-html@w3.org>
To: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
On Jul 7, 2009, at 15:55, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Henri Sivonen writes:
>> I observe that the actual summary looks like this:

>>> and
>>> forecast running costs for particular dates">
>>

>> It's much shorter, and it's caption-like.
>>
> And it makes an inadequate summary,k though it would make a great
> caption.
>
> Please notice that your "caption" text says nothing about how the data
> is structured. That's important, very important. Jo;sh's summary has
> that information. Your caption does not.
>
> Is anyone getting it yet?

It's not "my caption". It's the actual summary attribute from the
example extracted from Gez's client's page. The client care enough
about accessibility to hire Gez but still didn't use the summary
attribute as prescribed.

Are there any examples of the summary attribute being used as
prescribed in the wild?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi