Re: PF Response: @Summary

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, David Poehlman wrote:

> or we could help@summary do what it is supposed to do because it is the
> only means of effectively carrying out its task.

I disagree that it's the only means of effectively carrying out its task;
we've seen dozens of proposals that could all carry out the task at least
as effectively if used correctly, including many that are far more likely
to be used correctly than summary="". Even if I am wrong and summary="" is
in fact a great solution, it's not the only (effective) solution; arguing
that it is merely leads one to doubt other similar arguments. (If you are
wrong about it being the only solution, which you clearly are, as many
people have proposed alternatives, are you wrong about it being the best
solution? You have provided the same amount of evidence for both points.)