Re: Nothing is really hidden

Hi, Justin-

Shelley Powers wrote (on 7/2/09 4:35 PM):
> Justin James wrote:
>>
>>  I am not asking for disagreement to cease, nor am I saying that all is well
>>  in HTML 5 land. But I *am* saying that the pollution of this list by
>>  pointless arguments (hint: when you start arguing over things like "strawman
>>  arguments" and start discussing the terms of the debate, you are engaging in
>>  a pointless argument) is a massive waste of the time of the people who are
>>  engaged in it (since you have neither power nor authority to change
>>  anything) and the time of the rest of us on this list.

If you aren't interested in a topic, please stop reading and
contributing to it when you first judge it's not worth your time or
interest.  That way, the only person wasting your time is you.

Additionally, your tone is simply not acceptable.  Terms like
"pollution", "pointless", and "you have neither power nor authority to
change anything" are not acceptable in reasoned discourse.

Shelley has taken pains to state her arguments in a reasonable and
polite tone on this thread, and I'll ask you to do the same.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs