Re: Why I don't attend the weekly teleconference (Was: Input on the agenda)

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>> >
>> > What studies do _you_ plan to take to demonstrate that summary="" is
>> > the superior solution?
>>
>> Actually, I don't believe we need to, not unless there's a plan to do
>> the same with every last bit of the HTML 5 spec.
>
> Ok. So if we shouldn't base decisions on research and data, what _should_
> we base our decisions on?

Since this is a discussion based on technical issues related to the
HTML WG, and began in the HTML WG, I'm not sure why it has been sent
to the archives mailing list. The switching back and forth can make
one dizzy.

It can also badly fragment a discussion--making it difficult for
people on this list to understand the context of the communication. I
have found that emails taken out of context are so easily
misconstrued.

Regardless, a better use of my time would be spent on a more detailed,
and more formal communication. Perhaps you'll find answers to your
questions in it.

Thank you

Shelley