Re: Things in HTML that I disagree with (Was: evidence of harm)

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Shelley Powers wrote:
> > As for microdata section, you completely overrode the preferences of
> > every person who submitted a use case, in favor of your own invention.
> > I find it odd (puzzling, confusing, flabbergasting) that you include
> > it as an example where you disagreed with the section, but included it
> > anyway because "arguments were shown that your opinion isn't the most
> > practical solution".
>
> !
>
> (avoiding the "+1" people don't seem to like over here)

It's not the string "+1" that people don't like, it's the idea of sending
an e-mail just to say "me too" or "I agree" or generally supporting the
other e-mail without adding anything to the discussion.

Assuming that decisions are made based on technical grounds and not based
on popularity votes, it shouldn't matter whether a position has one person
supporting it or fifteen -- the stronger position should win, regardless
of the number of supporters.

HTH,