Re: W3C communities and its modus operandi

Not ccing Sam.

On 25 Feb 2009, at 14:17, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 25 févr. 2009 à 09:15, Bijan Parsia a écrit :
>> An Audit Board would be charged with investigating specific
>> incidents and situations and producing a report and making
>> recommendations.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/
> >Please send comments about this document to process-issues@w3.org

Er...how is this responsive to my reply?

You know, your first message suggested that I had said some wrong and
unjustified, and this message suggests that I'm speaking in the wrong
place. The Audit Board idea is an idea I've been entertaining at the
back of my head but have not yet decided 1) whether it's, all things
considered, a good idea (it seems to me) and 2) whether it's worth
pursuing at the W3C. Frankly, your email has made me doubt the latter :(

But we carry on. I'll suggest it to that list.

> You could ask to have it publicly archived, but this is happening
> very often.
> http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?keywords=Process&hdr-1-
> name=subject&hdr-1-query=&index-grp=Public__FULL&index-type=t&type-
> index=www-archive

Have what publicly archived? What's happening very often?

BTW, I tend to think that if the W3C staff sees what might be a
process issue or change, then they should report such, perhaps to
that list. I don't mind doing it, but I feel very chided at the
moment by you, and unfairly so. It makes me, personally, a bit grumpy
about doing what you say :)

Cheers,
Bijan.