Re: W3C communities and its modus operandi

Karl Dubost wrote:

> In terms of technology and documents, I already explained what I would
> prefer.
> In terms of WG modus operandi, I would be in favor of selecting from the
> spec *now*
>
> 1. what is really implemented across IE, Safari, Firefox, Opera
>    (read here implementation report)
> 2. AND which matters to browser interop.
>    (read here not fight ad nauseam about things which have no current
> operational effects in browsers.)

I believe that Rob is working on such a document.  Furthermore, given
the differences in time schedules involved, and the fact that all of the
editors in question are volunteers, I see no reason that both can't
proceed in parallel.  In fact, staging in such a manner may relieve
people of the urgent obligation they seem to feel to vigorously attack
things in Ian's document that are different than how they would prefer
things.

OK, so the last statement is probably wishful thinking.

In any case, a few links can be found here:

http://groups.google.com/group/openweb-group/msg/3a31ec11e1a0feb3

- Sam Ruby