Re: Moving past last call for HTML5

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I'm in the unexpected position right now of having no urgent feedback,
> having dealt with the pending urgent feedback this weekend.

I noticed an issue.

HTML5 says:

Note: There is no implied relationship between document conformance
requirements and implementation conformance requirements. User agents
are not free to handle non-conformant documents as they please; the
processing model described in this specification applies to
implementations regardless of the conformity of the input documents.

RFC 2119 says:

    Imperatives of the type defined in this memo must be used with care
    and sparingly.  In particular, they MUST only be used where it is
    actually required for interoperation or to limit behavior which has
    potential for causing harm (e.g., limiting retransmisssions)

It seems to me that the requirements placed on documents are not
required for interoperation.

- Rob