Re: [Ietf-honest] Adding people to the honest IETF list

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 08:00:11PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> I already have permission to contact other IETF members. I do not need
> to ask again.

Who gave you permission to contact me? I would like to have a word with them.

> This is precisely why mailman and other mailsystems have the capacity to add
> people this way.

Ah, so if it exists as a program, it is okay to use it for whatever purpose?

How about I leave this running for a few hours:

  #!/bin/sh -e

  while true; do
      head -n 10 /dev/urandom | uuencode /dev/stdin | mail dean@av8.com
  done

Would you mind me doing this?

> > Indeed.  Spam is in the eye of the beholder[0].  I don't care if/that
> > Dean thinks only UCE is spam.
>
> I've made no claim that only UCE is spam. What I've said is that
> ietf-honest is NOT spam.  There is no reasonable argument that it
> ietf-honest is unsolicited.

I don't know how to respond to such an absurd claim apart from reminding you
that you added me to this mailing list without me asking you to, and then to
point you to a definition of what "unsolicited" means.

So, here goes:

  * You added me to this mailing list without me asking you to.

Please see http://www.answers.com/unsolicited for more information.

> > I don't want to have to do that.  I want whoever subscribed me (Dean?)
> > to unsubscribe me.
>
> Each message has instructions on how to unsubscribe.  I will not
> unsubscribe people who know how to unsubscribe themselves for just the
> reason cited above.
>
> I will not unsubscribe you. Your annoyance-making discredits you, not me.

I am happy having my name associated with these mails. Are you?

Thanks,