Re: HTML 5 vCard?

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 12:23 +1000, Renato Iannella wrote:
> Interesting.... looks like HTML 5 "microdata" is defining vCard
> "predefined types":
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#vcard
>
> They are following the RFC closely and "typing" values such as phone
> numbers:
>
> My new <span itemprop="type">home</span> phone number is <span
> itemprop="value">01632 960 123</span>.

It's actually more inspired by the hCard microformat than directly by
the vCard RFC.

Predefined types for microdata (and indeed the microdata idea as a
whole) is one of the more contentious areas of the current HTML5 drafts.
Try not to be *too* influenced by it as there is a high probability of
it being removed or changed before HTML5 reaches Last Call.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>