Re: Withdrawal of HTML5-warnings draft

From: Stephen Stewart <carisenda@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:52:50 +0100
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>

On 18 Aug 2009, at 06:59, Manu Sporny wrote:

> 5) I had not seen any opposition or support from a number of the
> voters
>   that voted, prior to voting. It's concerning because they provided
> no
>   feedback, have made very few posts to HTML WG (if any) over the past
>   several months, but still voted on the spec. Both drafts received
>   these votes, and we have no idea if the people that voted had read
>   the thread in detail or truly understood what they were voting for.
>   There are several examples where it is clear that the voters were
> not
>   tracking the discussion on this mailing list.

I follow the list pretty closely, and I don't post often. As it
happens I share opinions already expressed by others and I don't see
the benefit in adding more email to the list when it sheds no new
light on the subject. So I wouldn't take silence as an indication of
ignorance either. :)

--
Stephen Stewart
www.carisenda.com