Re: WG comments, Working Drafts, and Last Call -- clarification please?

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:58:14 -0700
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, www-archive@w3.org, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>

On Aug 6, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> 2009/8/6 Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>:
>>>
>>> grrr Dan, if this is your position then kindly express it where
>>> appropriate.
>>
>> I did. It's not a technical argument, so I sent it to
>> the chairs, not to the WG mailing list.
>
> Hole in the process there : where a list is granted equal rights to
> expression, why should an opinion only be for the inner circle.

Nothing (process or otherwise) obligates Dan to express his opinions
on the public-html list. He only needs to do that if he wants a
particular piece of input to be considered by the Working Group. By
copying www-archive, he gave anyone with sufficient interest the
opportunity to see his unofficial comments if they choose.

Regards,
Maciej