Re: WebIDL checker

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> I have just released a simple on-line WebIDL checker:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check It detects bugs in the WebIDLs it
> finds inside HTML documents - it looks for <pre> elements with a class
> set to "idl" or "webidl", and then validates what it extracts using
> Aplix' widlproc:
> http://widl.webvm.net/svn/widlproc/trunk/doc/widlproc.html

This is fantastic.

I have a small feature request. Would it be possible to have a mode
wherein the script returns an empty document if it parses the provided URL
without problems, and returns a text/plain document with one error per
line with line numbers reporting the errors if it finds any? That would
let me integrate this with my build tools and find errors as I make them.