Re: Text alternative to http://hsivonen.iki.fi/doctype/ie8-mode.png

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:00:48 -0700
Cc: "Adrian Bateman" <adrianba@microsoft.com>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
On Apr 27, 2009, at 01:12, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 01:49:22 +0200, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com
> > wrote:
>
>> When the value is EmulateIE8, this means use the doctype to choose
>> between Quirks and IE8 standards.
>
> Hmm yes, my quick testing shows that the graph is indeed incorrect
> for IE=a and IE=9.9 and IE=EmulateIE8.

Thank you for reporting this and sorry for any disinformation I may
have spread. I don't have access to my IE8 VM or the source file of
the diagram right now. I've added a note on the page and will revise
the diagram when I regain access to the right disks.

Thank you for writing the text alternative. (Linked.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi