Re: Review Comments for draft-nottingham-http-link-header-05

Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> Why can an XML namespace be an information resource
>
> Because Webarch explicitly says so.

I see.

However, allowing an XML namespace to be an Information Resource, but
disallowing that for a RDF property still looks very arbitrary to me.

>> and a link relation can not?
>
> Well it can't be if you also want to use it as an RDF property. The
> @xmlns use of a URI is different from the use of a URI when you put it
> in your browser or when you use it in RDF. Similarly, yes, the Link
> header specification could do something like what @xmlns is doing.
>
> But in that case, it won't be compatible with RDF.
>
> (You'd have to choose, one or the other.)

Not convinced yet.

Where exactly is the incompatibility?

>> I'd rather have this specification not go near this whole discussion
>
> That'd be fine by me, and I'd be happy with reversed domain names
> which are anyway incompatible with RDF. But you raised RDF
> compatibility in response, and I'm just pointing out that if this is
> to be so then such compatibility should be done carefully and
> thoroughly.
>
> There may be other ways to avoid the hornets' nests, of course. But
> the specification should at least be clear about whatever it allows.
>
>> Can you cite a document that states that an RDF property is not an
>> Information Resource?
>
> Sure: Webarch, ยง 2.2.

Section 2.2 does not mention RDF at all. Could you please be more specific?

BR, Julian