Re: Farewell (was : Philip TAYLOR's status as Invited Expert in HTML Working Group)

From: Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) <Chaa006@Gmail.Com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 17:44:48 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
CC: www-archive@w3.org
It is hard to know what the implications are,
but if (for example) I were to come into conflict
with the W3C, and they were to seek judicial
review, then I would find it extraordinarily
inconvenient (not to say unacceptable) to have
to present myself at a courthouse in Washington
in order to defend myself ...  And as there was
no such requirement when I was first granted
Invited Expert status, I am unwilling to have
such a requirement foisted on me now.

** Phil.