conformance checker for HTML+ARIA?

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:19:35 +0100
To: "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, "Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>
Cc: "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>, www-validator@w3.org

There has been some discussion [1] on WAI-xtech about HTML+ARIA
validator/conformance checker

david dorward wrote:

The HTML Working Group is chartered to "maintain and produce incremental
revisions to the HTML specification"[1], which I would imagine HTML 4.01
+ ARIA would fall under. I imagine you would raise the matter with them
and see if they would be willing to work with the WAI to publish a small
Recommendation which makes reference to ARIA and HTML 4.01, defines a
Doctype and includes a DTD.

Is this something that the  HTML WG would consider?

[1] start of thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2008Sep/0381.html

regards
stevef