separate mailing list for HTML5 author guide

From: Dean Edridge <dean@dean.org.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 03:42:53 +1200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, www-archive@w3.org

Hi guys

For a while now I've been wondering if the HTML WG needs a separate
email address (mailing list) for the HTML5 authoring guide that Lachlan
has been working on. The HTML5 authoring guide will be quite a large
document when finished and I'm sure there will be lots of email
discussion during it's development, so having a separate list makes good
sense IMHO. I have often wanted to send in feedback but haven't because
I didn't want to annoy the 400 members of the HTML WG by posting to
public-html as often comments are for just minor typos or suggestions.
Also, people often complain about the amount of emails coming through on
public-html so if there was a separate mailing list for the authoring
guide it would help to keep down the traffic on public-html. I also
think that having a separate list would encourage discussion about the
authoring guide.

I noticed that the [author-guide] prefix has been used in the subject
line before when sending author guide related emails to public-html
before, but I don't think it's that satisfactory because the whole group
still gets the emails.

Here are some possible addresses that could be used:

public-html-author@
public-html-author-guide@

Thanks

--