Re: javax.xml.transform and HTML

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:10:59 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: www-archive@w3.org

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Oops. I didn't realize there was content after the signature.
>
> Is this commonly used? It's a rather unobvious use of a transform package.

I know it's commonly used for serializing XML (actually, as far as I
recall, it's the recommended way to do it when you have to rely on what
the JDK includes). Once you know it's there and realize that it includes
HTML serialization as well, it's kind of obvious to use it for that as well.

That being said, I don't recall whether it was recommended anywhere. And
no, I don't know how common it is.

Is there a better alternative that doesn't require including additional
packages?

BR, Julian