Re: the "special" doctype (ISSUE-54), was: several messages

From: Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 13:54:14 -0700
To: www-archive@w3.org
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

-public-html, +www-archive

>> This isn't a popularity contest. The reasoning behind not using the empty
>> string was quite adequately given by both Henri and Smylers, and quoted in
>> my original message.
>
> No, it isn't.
>
> This is a Working Group trying to come up with a good solution, and I don't
> think we're done yet.

Whyever would you think anyone thought we were done yet? Several
positions were voiced on the list and elsewhere, the editor changed the
spec accordingly, and now it's time for another round of feedback on the
matter (ideally with new information). Just because an edit's happened
doesn't mean it's a done deal.

Ted