Re: HTML5 spec

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:44:46 +0100
To: "Dean Edridge" <dean@dean.org.nz>, "Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:52:12 +0100, Dean Edridge <dean@dean.org.nz> wrote:
> I have nothing at all against Mike being "pro-active" and putting some
> thing together and publishing it, it's only the fact that it's been
> published at, and endorsed by the W3C that bothers me, it's pretty hard
> to argue against such a spec when it has already been published and
> people have accepted that it's here for good. I explained this in detail
> but I don't think you listen.

In what way has it been published and endorsed by the W3C? It certainly
does not look to be published and endorsed more than say when I first
drafted the html5-diff document, on which the HTML WG had not made any
decisions at that time either.

(I'm not sure I agree with that the document should define things in a
normative way, but I have a hard time seeing how anything Mike did here is
wrong.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>