Re: [automattic] False Marketing

From: Matt Mullenweg <m@mullenweg.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:20:39 -0800
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <geoffers@gmail.com>
CC: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
> I can see no way to improve the XML export without breaking backwards
> compatibility as WXR is so far from XML. It is also impossible to change
> the version in the URI you use as a namespace, as currently even unknown
> major versions are attempted to be parsed.

How would making it better-formed break backward compatibility, in
practice? We can be liberal in what we accept, conservative in what we
output.

Any patches to improve our output are always welcome - I know we're far
from perfect in the content we output sometimes but that doesn't mean we
shouldn't strive to be.

BTW Movable Type has a well-working WXR importer (or so they claim) so
obviously it isn't impossible to make something else work from it.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://ma.tt | http://automattic.com