W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-archive@w3.org > March 2008

RE: ACTION-54 - Work with SteveF draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:41:11 +0000
To: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, alfred.s.gilman@ieee.org
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, wai-liaison@w3.org
Message-Id: <20080327152411.M3686@hicom.net>

aloha, steve!

i have updated ACTION 54

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

as per your request:

1) i changed the item's status as as "pending review"
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/pendingreview

2) i added a link to your post to PFWG;

3) i will now try and get your request considered by PF at the earliest 
possible date -- perhaps a call for consensus on the PF list would be 
quicker than attempting to discuss it at the next PF meeting, which is 
wednesday, although i will ascertain if such a discussion is possible;

4) if and when PF comes up with an action item or deadline for response,
i'll add that info to the HTML5 issue tracker as soon as it becomes 
available...

thanks for all of your efforts on this issue -- sorry i haven't been of 
more immediate assistance -- i was "looking" forward to meeting you in 
person at CSUN, too -- hopefully, our paths will cross soon, gregory.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for yesterday's dream is 
today's hope and tomorrow's reality.           -- Robert P. Goddard
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
      Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
             Oedipus' Online Complexes: http://my.opera.com/oedipus
-------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Original Message -----------
From: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Sent: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:28:30 +0000
Subject: RE: ACTION-54 - Work with SteveF draft text for HTML 5 spec to 
require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements

> Hi Gregory,
> I have put in a request to PF WG for clarification of normative language
> use (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-
> html/2008Mar/0234.html)
> 
> Can you add this request to PF WG to the action item, and detail 
> that we are waiting on a response to to move forward, as the 
> actiom item is currently listed as overdue.
> 
> ACTION-54
> Work with SteveF draft text for HTML 5 spec to require 
> producers/authors to include @alt on img elements 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54
> 
> thanks, sorry that you were unable to make CSUN, was looking 
> forward to meeting you.
> -- 
> with regards
> 
> Steve Faulkner
> Technical Director - TPG Europe
> Director - Web Accessibility Tools Consortium
> 
> www.paciellogroup.com | www.wat-c.org
> Web Accessibility Toolbar -
> http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html
------- End of Original Message -------
Received on Thursday, 27 March 2008 15:42:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 7 November 2012 14:18:13 GMT