XML5

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <geoffers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:52:46 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

Hi,

As I've said before, I'll try and help with drafting some text for the
specification, but I don't have time, yet (all the coursework for
school is due in the next week). Hopefully over the summer :)

However, one thing I would like to see is that it be possible to use
an XML 1 parser for everything after the input stream, and only use an
actual XML 5 parser if that throws a fatal error. Why would I want to
that? In a language like PHP, trying to parse something in userland
code is insanely slow: using the built-in copy of libxml2 is far
quicker (purely as it is written in C and not PHP). Only having to use
the slow parser when absolutely needed would be nice.

Oh, and could you (from trunk) `svn ps svn:mime-type text/html
specification/Overview.html` (and commit)? This would make Apache
serve the file as text/html, allowing it to be read in a browser :).

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>