Re: live html5 dom viewer

Hi,

On Jun 26, 2008, at 04:44, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Ref: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jun/0145
>
> that is super helpful. I have tried using the html5 parser and it is
> working. The Cut/Paste inability of GWT is always bothering but at
> least the drag/drop is working.

Yeah, command-v not working is mighty annoying. Fortunately, the
context menu works.

> One question:
> I got different results for  your tool and [James' one][1] with
> regards to namespaces in the head of a document.
>

> Henri's tool:
> html
>  |head
>    |title
>
> James' tool
> html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
> " xmlns:cal="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/ical#"
>  |head
>    |title
>

> Which one has the correct behavior? Many Thanks.

James' tool is correct. Mine drops xmlns attributes on the floor,
because the requirements HTML5 places on putting them in the DOM
requires doing things that should throw in the public DOM API. (My
demo is bad for things that the public DOM API doesn't work nicely
for--including the doctype node.)

Please note, however, that in your case, the attributes starting with
"xmlns" on the 'html' node aren't namespace declarations in DOM terms.
That is, the namespace URI of the attributes is defined to be null
instead of "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/".

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi