on involvement of PF

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:47:32 +0100
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>

Hi henri, in regards to your point about "special treatment"

this is how mike smith responded to  julian earlier in the irc:

[14:11] <Julian> for now I'll use it exactly for those cases where I
feel HTML5 has a collision or  undesirable overlap with an IETF spec.
Hope this is ok.
 # [14:12] <MikeSmith> Julian: yeah, that's exactly what we need
 # [14:12] <MikeSmith> those are the kinds of issues we really must
get resolution on

what i would anticipate is that The PF will only ask for a
reconsideration of an issue by the HTML WG if it has "a collision or
undesirable overlap" with the WAI specs.

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe