Re: tracker already has ternary state - RAISED

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 14:18:13 +0200
To: "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Chris Wilson" <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "James Graham" <jg307@cam.ac.uk>, www-archive@w3.org, "Robert Burns" <rob@robburns.com>, wai-liaison@w3.org

Hi,

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 13:55:36 +0200, Laura Carlson
<laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So far it seems that if there's agreement between implementors and
>> authors that a certain problem needs solving that is considered to be
>> in scope
>> something to solve the problem will be added to the specification. Which
>> is then incrementally evolved by author and implementor feedback over
>> the
>> next few years.
>
> So...
>
> Step number one is...?
> Step number two is...?
> Step number three is...?
> etc.
> Last step is proposal is  incorporated into spec.

I guess I'm saying that in the four years we've been working on this there
hasn't been a need for this.

> Where does bugzilla fit in?
> Where does issue tracker fit in?

These would be additional sources of input.

> In your statement above:
> Where and how is this agreement made?

Mailing list primarily.

> Which implementors and authors are you referring to?

Those providing input to the specification in one way or another. Main
criteria is that there's reasonable broad agreement. Of course, that
doesn't mean there's agreement over the specifics.

> Those should  be included in the procedure's  path if they are critical.

I'm not sure having a formal procdure for this is needed, to be honest.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>