Re: Next steps for the ARIA syntax discussion

* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>Cameron McCormack:
>> > A small note: you cannot use xmlns:aria="" to declare that the aria
>> > prefix corresponds to no namespace.  The only way to have an
>> > attribute be in no namespace in markup is for it to have no prefix.
>
>Bjoern Hoehrmann:
>> Except if you are using XML 1.1...
>
>Could you point me to where this is allowed?  I couldn’t see it after
>searching briefly.

Well http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names11/ of course, but then I didn't read
past the `xmlns:aria=""` above, or the actual Recommendation. You indeed
can't do that, but you can use `xmlns:aria=""` to generate fatal errors,
if you use the prefix after redeclaring it...