Re: "maybe even in the fact that you use words as all," (sic)

Doug,

regarding the claim that 20% of people in the UK are functionally
illiterate may I refer you to the very well respected report 'A Fresh
Start' by Lord Moser for the UK Government:
http://www.lifelonglearning.co.uk/mosergroup/

Improving Literacy and Numeracy
A Fresh Start
The report of the working group chaired by Sir Claus Moser.
Chapter 1: The Problem and Our Strategy
1.1 Something like one adult in five in this country is not
functionally literate and far more people have problems with numeracy.

I have referred in the past to this report in emails to the www-svg
list.

Communication and literacy rely on both reading and writing.
Current W3C web specifications are being developed by developers, for
developers and the corporations that employ them.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.openicon.org/