Re: recognizing the HTML charter

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:11:29 +0200, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>> guess we believe more in argument and evidence than process.
>
> I also believe in argument and evidence, I just don't believe in ian
> hickson being the sole decision maker of what constitues a valid
> argument or reasonable evidence.

But the chairs are fine?

> Don't you think it is a  ironic that you talk about an 'appeal to
> authority' in negative terms when the only way to get things into the
> spec is to have one person make a judgement on the virtues of an
> argument or evidence? The ultimate authority figure.

If that person does not do its job properly both the HTML WG and WHATWG
have escape clauses. Neither has been needed so far, but we'll see how it
works when we get there. (For this particular issue I believe there's
still outstanding feedback Ian hasn't dealt with.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>