RE: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

Ben Adida wrote:
> Bonner, Matt wrote:
> We're not expecting full-on magic here, just helpful programs driven
> by structured data.
>
>> Rather than answer here, where it only helps me understand, I would
>> propose clarification in the ccREL Submission on proper remixing of
>> ccREL blocks for mixed content.
>
> We purposefully stayed away from this at this point, because of its
> complexity and the fact that most folks are still thinking about what
> I call "first generation CC content." We will certainly write
> something up on "second+ generation CC content," and your prompting
> certainly upped the priority on that task.
>
> Thanks very much for this feedback! I hope my answers were helpful in
> describing what we're hoping to accomplish.

Thanks.  Once again that helped me get context I struggled to find in
the ccREL Submission.  To be sure, when I asked above for clarification,
I didn't mean that you figure out software rules for international
copyright and trademark law, just that you clarify what the spec allows,
requires, forbids and/or anticipates, so that practitioners have the
context they need to make wise choices.

thanks again,
Matt
--