From: Ben Adida [mailto:ben@adida.net]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 10:02 PM
To: Ian Hickson
Cc: Bonner, Matt; Dan Brickley; Kristof Zelechovski; Tab Atkins Jr.; Henri
Sivonen; www-archive@w3.org
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

Ian Hickson wrote:
> For example, RDF n3 could be included directly (and unambiguously) using
> the <script type="..."> extension mechanism.

You really read the ccREL proposal? :)

We want DRY, so that human-rendered data and machine-readable data can
be kept in sync at all times. That goes to your point about unmaintained
metadata. Metadata is much more likely be maintained if it has a
user-visible component.

This is actually a principle that the microformats community touted
before we did, and we strongly agree with it.

-Ben