Re: Dejavu: ongoing

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Dean Edridge wrote:

> > ... I will fix it when I get to your feedback, just like I fix
> > anything else when I get to it. There are 2000+ e-mails still
> > remaining in the list of things I have to fix, and I have recently
> > been replying to e-mails from 2004 and 2005.
>
> Your work load, including your 2000 emails, are a self imposed problem
> Ian, You're the one that insists on editing the whole spec by yourself
> even though the chairs and others have requested that you share the
> editorial responsibilities. I've offered to help, I've made suggestions
> to the W3C and to you in an effort to help reduce your work load, if
> there's something else you think I can do to help, then let me know.

If you are indeed willing to take on editing responsibilities, there are a
number of features I would like to take out of HTML5 and move into their
own spec. Would you be willing to take the timers chapter and edit that?
That is, the section defining setTimeout() and so forth. It's a somewhat
large amount of work (probably a few months of full time work, spread over
about a year, mostly reverse engineering and responding to feedback, and
some writing, though most of that is done now). If you would be willing to
edit this section, or maybe some other section, e.g. the 2D canvas
graphics context, or the SQL profile, or the updates to DOM2 Traversal
and Range, that would be wonderful. I'd be happy to help you get set up.