Re: request: permission to participate in app-backplane incubator group

Dear Gregory,

You probably know about this IE policy page ...
-- http://www.w3.org/2004/08/invexp.html

As it says, you should fill-out this application ...
-- http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/ieapp/

Also, contact the chair so that he supports your application once you have applied.

Then the process will be underway.  Once you've done this, you should hear back from us within 1 week.

Hope this helps.

Steve

On 4/30/2008 2:11 PM, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
> aloha, steve!
>
> i have been an invited expert to the W3C since 1997; i am an active
> participant in the Protocols & Formats WG (http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF);
> the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines WG (http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA);
> the HTML WG; the XHTML2 WG; and the Joint Forms Task Force (HTML/Forms
> WG)
>
> outside of the w3c, i am vice-chair, webmaster and listmaster for the
> Open Accessibility (A11y) Workgroup (http://a11y.org) formerly of the
> Free Standards Group, now under the Linux Foundation umbrella (although
> we do NOT deal exclusively with linux -- we strive to be as platform
> agnostic as possible, but we do have a very active group working to
> increase the accessibility of the windows operating system through the
> development and deployment of IAccessible2 - http://a11y.org/ia2)
>
> since i don't have the requisite clearance to fill out:
> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/42340/join
>
> i'm emailing you as per the instructions contained in:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/42340/instructions#nonmember
>
> to request your permission to participate in the app-backplane incubator
> group -- please let me know if you need more information; i already have
> member-confidential access to w3c space by virtue of my membership in PF
>
> please note that for informational purposes, i have carbon-copied Al
> Gilman, chair of Protocols & Formats and Judy Brewer, director of the
> WAI
>
> thank you,
> gregory
> You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of
> focus.                                           -- Mark Twain
> Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net
>    Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
>           Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus

Steven R Bratt    mailto:steve@w3.org
Chief Executive Officer
World Wide Web Consortium   http://www.w3.org/
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
32 Vassar Street, Rm G522, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA / tel: +1.617.253.7697