Re: Errors in Acid3 test 46: media queries

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:25:40 +0000 (UTC)
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Cc: acid3feedback@webstandards.org, www-archive@w3.org, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, mjs@apple.com
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, L. David Baron wrote:

> I have found what I believe are a number of errors in test 46 of
> Acid3 ( http://acid3.acidtests.org/ ).

Thanks! I have attached a patch describing the fixes I have made to
address these bugs.

Maciej, howcome: Since WebKit and Opera previously passed the test, the
changes likely affect the results of the test in your respective browsers.
Please let me know if you disagree with these changes. As David notes in
the original e-mail, the problems are mostly due to changes in the Media
Queries specification, though there is one flat out error as well.

I haven't yet updated the test, but you can see the updated version here:

   http://acid3.acidtests.org/new.html