Re: [html4all] the alt attribute debate

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:35:24 +0100
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: "advocate group" <list@html4all.org>, "John Foliot - WATS. ca" <foliot@wats.ca>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, www-archive@w3.org
Yo herni

>Those who add a bogus alt for validation are a subset of people who
>include a bogus alt.

and what size is this subset (who knows) why not develop a validator that
looks for and fails the page if it has bogus alt? using heauristics, that
shouldn't be so hard should it? I would say that it is easy to catch bogus
stuff at the producer than the consumer end.

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe