Re: Investigating the proposed alt attribute recommendations in HTML 5

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:16:22 -0400
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>

-www-html
-wai-xtech

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) (17 sept. 2007 - 10:05) :
> Karl Dubost wrote:
>> [snip]. HTML is th[e] sum of the needs of implementers.
>
> Do you really believe that ?  I find it a terribly depressing
> possibility, too awful to want to contemplate ...

yes. And it is not depressing.
A specification is not a white paper on a technology. It is not
either research.

Different parties at stake with market needs will negotiate to
establish something that is/will be implemented. It is exactly the
same for your electrical plug specification, the doors of your
building, the ethernet cable specs, etc, etc, etc.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***