Re: testing versus expert opinion

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:47:42 +0200
To: "Steve Faulkner" <sfaulkner@paciellogroup.com>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:14:50 +0200, Steve Faulkner
<sfaulkner@paciellogroup.com> wrote:
> I don't know who decided to make alt optional, what i do assume is that
> people such as yourself and anne who interact with Ian hickson on a
> regular basis and are  involved in the whatwg so would have a better
> understanding of why decisions were made about the changes in the spec.

It's not clear to me why you needed to reiterate a point already made on
the mailing list by making an out-of-context quote from IRC. The alt=
attribute is a known open issue.

(I saw it as an attack on us as well, fwiw, more so because the issue is
already being debated on the list and the quote was entirely out of
context. I also think it's an unfair assumption that people will follow
the link and try to understand the context.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>