Re: Data Table Collections (Research)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:11:07 +0200
To: "Leif Halvard Silli" <lhs@malform.no>, www-archive@w3.org

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 06:36:38 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
wrote:
>>> [...] thanks to Ben Millard there is a fourth algorithm called "smart
>>> colspan" which would make my usage of scope in the Tour du Mont Blanc
>>> table superfluous.
>
> Which it allready is - in HTML4.

I'm not sure how this comment was relevant to the HTML WG, but maybe you
could care to explain how you arive at this conclusion? What exactly in
the HTML4 specification tells you that the header would apply to the
rowgroup (and just that rowgroup) if the scope= attribute was omitted?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>