Re: Proposal for developing HTML 5 materials for Web *authors*

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:53:24 +0100
To: "Dean Edridge" <dean@55.co.nz>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:36:56 +0100, Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz> wrote:
> How do you propose that the W3C deal with the fact that there's about 10
> different ways to create a HTML5 document.
> And more importantly what about the fact that not everyone in this group
> can agree on what is "best practice".
> I mean, the group can't even agree on what a XHTML document is, and the
> W3C wont clarify this either. This will have to be dealt with sooner or
> later.

There are about ten different ways to create a document conforming to the
XML syntax too. They are simply quite different. Restricting authors to
use a subset of both doesn't seem particularly helpful especially given
that in order to use existing content non-XML consuming software has to be
used anyway.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>