doing the math (was: the "only" name for the xml serialisation of html5)

From: Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:00:03 +0000
To: public-xhtml2@w3.org, www-archive@w3.org

i don't know why it seems so glaringly apparent to me that:

since HTML4 did not become XHTML4, but, rather, XHTML 1.0, HTML5 should
not become XHTML5, but, rather, XHTML 1.5

if there should be an HTML6, it would be XHTML 1.6

just my (continuously devaluing) 2 cents, american,
gregory
You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of
focus.                                           -- Mark Twain
Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus@hicom.net
   Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
          Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus