WikiConsensus Re: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:43:38 -0500
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 14:57 +0000, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
[...]

Very clever detective work! Fun stuff... I don't
have anything to add to the HTML WG discussion,
but as I say in my bio...

"His research interest is investigating the value of formal descriptions
of complex systems like the Web, especially in the consensus-building
process."
 -- http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

> This would seem to suggest that rather than being
> an unbiased contribution to Wikipedia from a disinterested
> party, it is rather more likely to be a statement made by
> somebody with a very definite interest in the "ownership"
> of the name.

On the other hand, lots of people (yourself included) could
have changed it and, as far as I know, have not.

http://esw.w3.org/topic/WikiConsensus

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E