Re: DOAP in Advoato?

From: R. Steven Rainwater <srainwater@ncc.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:19:12 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, www-archive@w3.org, Joe Presbrey <presbrey@mit.edu>, "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 18:02, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 18:10 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> > (Danc, ever thought of cloning Advogato for HTML WG membership?)
>
> Yes.
>
> Darn; after searching archives for 20 minutes, I can't find it.
>
> But yes, I've given it a lot of thought. Thanks for the prompt,
> though... it's worth thinking about again...

A lot of the work done on mod_virgule over the last year was done to
make the codebase easier to use on new sites. You'd still need to
compile and install it but you probably won't have to modify the C code
to get it working anymore.

If you decide to give it a try, I'd be interested in feedback on any
issues you run into. I expect the readme files and documentation may be
a bit out of date.

I'd recommend not going live with such a site, however, until maybe
January of 2008. I'm working on some relatively big changes that will go
into the code in the next month or two. See my 2007 State of the Gato
Address for a few details on what's coming:

   http://advogato.org/article/953.html

-Steve