Re: draft-klensin-net-utf8-02.txt: ASCII NVT rules

From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:46:30 -0500
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
cc: www-archive@w3.org

--On Monday, 18 September, 2006 18:51 +0200 Bjoern Hoehrmann
<derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

>   I read through draft-klensin-net-utf8-02.txt and I found the
> ASCII NVT discussion in 2.1 and 2.2 very confusing, I could
> not figure out whether those rules apply to "Net-Unicode" in
> any way. The definition implies that they do not but then goes
> on to recommend that certain things should be avoided, and
> clarifies details about ASCII NVT, so I am not sure whether,
> in "Net-Unicode", LF CR "SHOULD" be avoided, for example.
> (That, FWIW, would seem to rule out CR LF CR LF, which might
> not be in- tended either...)

I've tried to clarify this in the new version, which should
appear in the next few days (this project was not dropped, just
deferred until some of the issues were addressed in the context
of the IDNAbis work).  Thanks for your comments.

    john