Re: Summary: Naming Issue, Proposals (www-archive)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:00:30 +0200, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:11:34 +0200, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
>>> Thanks, but these are counter-precedents. XML C14N defines one very
>>> normalized form of serialization which can be used if you want to
>>> compare documents that might have differences only in a syntax sugar
>>> (insignificant whitespaces, attribute order, ...), but their content is
>>> the same. In this sense HTML5 is less canonical then HTML 4.01 because
>>> it has much more relaxed syntax.
>>
>> How exactly is the syntax more relaxed?
>
> Parse errors are allowed to be corrected by parser:
>
> [...]

That doesn't make the syntax more relaxed though. That just defines error
handling.

> This was not case with HTML 4.01 specification (note I'm not talking
> about HTML user agents here, which were very happy to correct syntax
> errors for you).
>
>   Jirka
>
> P.S. Any reason why you are without noticing sending copy of this
> message to www-archive and not to html-public mailing list?

What do you mean "without noticing"? I changed the subject line... Just
doing that because it isn't particularly relevant for the discussion at
hand.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>