Re: mixed signals on "Writing HTML documents", tutorial, etc.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Robert Burns wrote:

> I don't think explanations such as that are sufficient. "There were
> serious drawbacks, but I can't even remember what they are" Adding a "5"
> to the declaration causes many and serious drawbacks? So if there were
> to be a a next version HTML 6 it would face those serious and many
> drawbacks?

I think Dan wants us to stop discussing this in the HTML list, but my
later e-mail in that thread (which I sent to www-archive instead) detailed
some of the bigger disadvantages:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Jun/0024.html

See the bottom part of the e-mail. I also included some links to other
people's descriptions of the disadvantages.