Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example. (www-archive

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:18:41 +0200
To: "Maurice Carey" <maurice@thymeonline.com>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:59:22 +0200, Maurice Carey
<maurice@thymeonline.com> wrote:
> I think having to work out exactly how user agents should react when
> faced with mixed usage of quoted/unquoted attribute values and explicitly
> closed/optionally closed tags is just a ton of extra work both for the
> group and the implementers.

FYI: This work has already been done (parsing section) and is of
tremendous value to current and future implementors. It saves us huge
amounts of time and money we would otherwise spend on reverse engineering
other browser engines.

(This is also part of the HTML WG charter.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>