Re: Need examples for SemWeb VCard work

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:35:38 +0900
Cc: "'Harry Halpin'" <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>

Hi,

> From: Harry Halpin [mailto:hhalpin@ibiblio.org]
> We're working on trying to standardize a SemWeb vocabulary
> for vCard [1] in the SemWeb- Intersest Group. I'm the Chair
> of the GRDDL WG, so this is important me.

It might be useful too, previous discussions on the topic, related to
FOAF.

http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/foaf-dev/2003-July/thread.html#5578
http://lists.usefulinc.com/pipermail/foaf-dev/2003-July/005557.html
http://rdfweb.org/topic/NamesInFoaf

There is also a tight coupling of names and geographical locations
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2006Aug/0052.html

I'm eager to see such ontology. It should be very extensible in
nature, because of the nature of names.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***